Thursday, April 14, 2011

It's a Girl!

I have wanted to start a blog for awhile now, but for one reason or another I just kept putting it off. Well Andrew is going to turn 2 in a couple of days, and we just found out last week that we are expecting a baby girl. I figure that now is the perfect time to start blogging!

I am now 19 weeks pregnant and I am feeling great. The first couple of months of my pregnancy were not so fun. I pretty much just wanted to sit on the couch all day and not move. Andrew was not too happy with this situation, but thankfully we both got through it, and I am now feeling 100% better! Andrew knows that Mommy has a baby in her belly, but I am pretty sure he has no idea what that means. He started to crow like a rooster when we told him he was going to have a baby sister. He is in for a big surprise in September!

I have had a feeling from the moment I found out that I was pregnant that we were going to have a girl, and last week it was confirmed. I am so excited to start decorating a pink nursery and buying dresses and bows and everything girlie. The next major thing to decide is what we were going to name the baby. I have loved the name Emily for awhile, but Brent was not a fan. We decided to make individual lists of names we liked and then we would compare them to see what names we had in common. Natalie and Ava were on both of our lists, but after talking about it, I just knew that these were not the right names for our baby. After some discussion, Brent finally came around and agreed on the name Emily. Yea!! He wanted to choose the middle name, so we finally decided on Emily Kate Taylor and I think it's perfect!

Here are some pictures from the ultrasound last Friday.



2 comments:

  1. Oh yay! I love it! Hopefully you will keep up with your blog better than I did with our "Rogers Romp". Wow, the 3D pictures turned out well. So excited for you guys! -Steph

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the blog and can't wait to follow along. So excited to finally have a little girl in the family, after so many boys. Can't wait to give Andrew a big hug tomorrow on his 2nd b-day!!!!

    ReplyDelete