Monday, August 29, 2011

38 Weeks - Still pregnant and potty training

Emily is due in exactly 11 days.  I really hope she wants to come early as I am so over being pregnant!  Why oh why do I have to be 9 months pregnant during the hottest summer ever on record??  We literally had the hottest day EVER on record this past Saturday in Houston - 109 degrees!  And we have set the record this summer for most days over 100 degrees - I think it is over 30 days now.  Needless to say - I am feeling pretty miserable these days and I don't leave the house unless it is absolutely necessary, and I really try not to go anywhere past noon.  I think I can hang in there for about 2 more weeks, but that induction is starting to sound better and better!

I am going to the doctor tomorrow and we will make a plan of action if Emily does not come on her own before next Thursday.  I also will ask if he can do an ultrasound and make sure she is still in a good position.  I know she is head down, but she keeps pushing against some nerves in my left leg (upper thigh area where my leg meets my torso) and it hurts so bad I can hardly walk when it's happening, and she usually stays there for quite awhile.  It is pretty uncomfortable for me, and I start to worry if she is in a bad position.  My doctor told me that it is probably just her shoulder pushing against my leg, but I want to take a look just to make sure everything is ok in there.

Andrew stayed with my mom for a few nights last week and my mom decided that she was going to start potty training him.  We have worked on it a little bit over the past few weeks at home, but my mom went in full force.  He wore pull-ups and was going in the potty all weekend.  My mom used M&Ms as a motivation tool: he gets 2 M&Ms every time he goes pee-pee in the potty.  He did such a great job, so I continued the training when he came home.  He is doing really well and the M&M trick seems to be working great!  It is kind of stressful potty training a 2 year old while I am 9 months pregnant as it involves a lot of bending over and sitting on the floor/edge of the bathtub, etc., but it will be so nice to have Andrew potty trained once Emily is born.  And just think of the $$ we will save on diapers! 

No comments:

Post a Comment