Sunday, July 31, 2011

Goodbye 20s

Ugh.  I officially turned 30 this week.  I was not very excited to say goodbye to my 20s and being 34 weeks pregnant definitely did not add to the excitement.  But I actually did have a very good birthday, thanks to my wonderful husband.  He made arrangements for Andrew to stay with my mom all weekend, scheduled a massage, mani and pedi for me on Saturday, booked a fabulous room at Hotel Zaza and made reservations for a delicious dinner with just a few friends on Saturday night.  I guess if I have to turn 30, that was the best possible way for it to happen!  

I can not believe that little Emily is due in less than 6 weeks!  While I am physically ready for her to be here (I am so over being pregnant), Brent and I are nowhere near ready for this baby!  We have not done a thing to the nursery, we don't have a mattress for her crib, no diapers, barely any clothes, all our baby stuff is in storage somewhere - we have a lot to do!  I know it will all get done in time for her arrival, but I just hate having all this stuff hanging over my head.  Thankfully, Andrew will start going to school two days a week starting next week, which will give me a lot of free time during the day to get some baby prep done.

Andrew is doing much better since the cancer scare a few weeks ago.  He is back to being his normal, happy, highly energetic self.  The infection is not having any bad affects on his physical health, and he is taking his medicine everyday.  We have had some follow up blood work done through our pediatrician's office, which has come back normal and we go back to see the Infectious Disease doctors in about a week.  I am just so glad to have that terrible time behind us.
  
We have a lot of exciting things up ahead, so I am going to try to take these next few weeks to get ready for baby, and maybe relax a little before the craziness begins! 

No comments:

Post a Comment