Thursday, August 18, 2011

37 Weeks and Counting

I am 37 weeks pregnant today, which means that I am officially full-term.  Yay!  I originally thought that this baby would come a little early, but I am starting to have my doubts.  Maybe it was just wishful thinking.  Although I have so many people tell me how fast my pregnancy seems to have gone by, I could not disagree more.  I feel like I have been pregnant forever!  Thinking back, I took an at-home pregnancy test on Christmas Day 2010, and now there are Christmas decorations for 2011 showing up in Hobby Lobby stores nationwide! 

I am going to the doctor weekly now, and I am starting to dilate (about 1.5 cm) and efface (50%).  My doctor said that we could schedule an induction at 39 weeks if I want to, but I am not sure if I want to yet.  I was induced with Andrew and everything went great, but I kind of just want to wait it out and see if things happen naturally.  Hopefully I won't have to make that decision, but if this baby doesn't come by her due date, I will probably end up scheduling an induction for the day after her due date, which would be Sept. 9th.  That way we won't run the risk of going into labor on 9/11.  But let's all keep our fingers crossed for her to come a little early!!

I am feeling a lot less stressed these days.  I spent the last couple of weeks running around and getting most of the things we need for the baby.  The nursery is 90% complete, and we are planning on finishing it this weekend.  I have a photographer on stand-by to schedule a newborn photo shoot right after she is born.  My hospital bag is packed and ready to go.  I have even started filling out some pages in the baby book!  We are all ready to meet our sweet Emily!

37 Weeks




No comments:

Post a Comment