Saturday, October 8, 2011

One Month - Time Flies!

It has already been 1 month since Emily was born!  The weeks have flown by, and it is amazing how much this little girl has changed in just a short amount of time.  She is getting so big - Mommy's milk is the best!  She is going to be a little chunky monkey just like her brother was.  I love seeing the baby rolls get bigger and bigger each week.  We went to the doctor yesterday and she is just perfect.  I can happily announce that she is still a great little sleeper.  Sleeping most of the day away, and thankfully, most of the night as well.  She goes for pretty long stretches of time, but when she is awake, she may stay awake for up to 2 hours at night - that is definitely the hardest part and what is contributing to my lack of sleep.  She is sleeping in her bassinet in our room, so every little peep and grunt wakes me up.  She is a much better sleeper than Andrew was, but I have yet to get more than 4 hours of sleep in a row. 

Last week was definitely the most trying week for me.  Brent went back to work, so it was just the 3 of us during the day for the first time.  It was a long week!  Andrew must have been starving for attention because he was very clingy and very whiny.  It was great on the days he went to school because it gave him a chance to get out of the house, and me a chance to just relax.  The weekend finally came and I survived!  Brent and I even got to go out on a date on Saturday night while my Mom watched the kids.  What a treat!

I am a little over-paranoid of Emily getting sick (it seems like everyone and their kids are sick right now) so we are pretty much on house lock-down until she gets her 2 month shots.  After everything that happened with Andrew this summer, I just can not risk Emily getting sick and having to spend time in the hospital.  Needless to say, this makes for some pretty long and boring days, but I think it is a small sacrifice to make to ensure I have a healthy child.  I have had some breaks, my Mom and Mother-in-Law have come over to watch the kids while I get out of the house for awhile and my Sister came over several days this past week and spent lots of time with us and even took Andrew to the zoo.      

 It has been a great first month!  She started smiling at me today, which just makes it all worth it!  I can not wait to see what next month brings.


No comments:

Post a Comment